Tutors — Mark Your Calendars
Please note our next meetings. Hope to see you there!
- Board Meeting
- Monday, May 24, at 7:00pm — open to all tutors
- meeting via Zoom
- Augustine Tutor Talk
- Saturday, September 11th, or Saturday, September 18th, from 10:00am until 2:00pm
- Topic: Training Course Refresher and Mini-Practicum
- Pencil in one of these dates on your calendar — you only need to attend one of the two sessions. The morning will be a classroom setting with new information on tapping techniques & PA, a presentation of new library materials, and lesson planning resources & strategies. After lunch, which will be provided by ALP, we'll practice delivering lessons in small groups.
- Important School Calendar Dates
January 2020 Tutor Training
The first class of trainees completing the new weekend training class format … nine new tutors ready to teach!
December 2019 Tutor Brunch
Susan Cruz hosted a delightful brunch and Santa Augustine gifted tutors with Gone Fishing, a story in verse.
November 2019 Tutor Talk
Tutors helped each other find solutions to teaching challenges and then dove in to a bounty of almost 400 new books provided by the Usborne Book drive. ALP Upstate's own Lauren McCullough also unveiled her first book in a decodable reader series, Tap Into Reading!
All-In Foundation Supports Augustine
On November 6, 2018 the Dabo Swinney's All-In Foundation awarded ALP Upstate $3600 to purchase books to give to Augustine students and additional resources for tutors and trainees.
October 2019 Evening with Augustine Outreach Event
Several potential tutors joined us for fellowship, demo lessons, and PA games.
Summer 2019 Tutor Training
Eight days … Nine trainees … The ALP Upstate tutor family is growing!
Saturday Market Booth with a Cause
On May 18th Augustine Literacy Project was the featured non-profit organization at Greenville's Saturday Market.
May Tutor Talk & Tutor Appreciation Brunch
Denise Ruby hosted a catered brunch, and everyone enjoyed hearing about student success stories.
Pleasantburg Rotary Grant Awarded
On October 11, 2018 the Pleasantburg Rotary Club awarded ALP Upstate $1930 to purchase books from Deborah Watkin's Read, Yes I Can series and Wilson Language Training stories to give to Augustine students.
Tutor Commitment Recognition
The Board of Directors recognizes the following active Augustine tutors for gifting students with an impressive number of lessons:
Darlene and Dawnena sharing creative ideas.
— an ALP tutor, June 2017.