Our growth to date in the Upstate has been made possible by the generous support we have received from individuals, companies, foundations, faith-based organizations — and our hard-working volunteers. With this help, Augustine has already been able to provide over 12,000 hours of specialized tutoring to our area's most vulnerable.
Please consider helping the Augustine Project of the Upstate continue to grow. We would like to train more volunteer literacy tutors to help us reach more of the Upstate's young, disadvantaged, at-risk readers. A child's life is changed when he or she begins to acquire the literacy skills of reading, writing and spelling, and to feel confident in the classroom. There is still a strong need, and we do make a significant impact on their lives.
You can help in many ways — through a financial donation, becoming an Augustine tutor, volunteering in other ways, or just helping to spread the word about us to potential tutors, schools, and donors.
Donate through our GiveButter site by clicking here or by scanning this QR Code with your phone or tablet.
You may also mail us a check to:
Augustine Literacy Project of the Upstate
2435 East North Street, Suite 1108-266
Greenville, SC 29615
Your kind donation, no matter the size, is sincerely appreciated, and put to good use. Here are some examples of where your financial donation may go:
$1,000 will train and support one Augustine tutor through 60 lessons.
$400 covers the cost of a tutor's training materials.
$100 will provide one year's worth of decodable, specialized books for a student at that student's reading level.
$50 will fund the costs for a monthly Tutor Talk (materials, copying and snacks).
$25 will help add resources to the Tutor Library.
$15 buys a set of 3 Yes, I Can Read books by Deborah Watkins.
$5 will provide a child a book of his own.
ALP is also eligible for matching gifts from corporations, which might include your employer.
- Become an Augustine Tutor
- Become a Community Partner:
- Host an open Augustine Literacy Project Information Session for potential donors, recruiting volunteer tutors and more.
- Invite us to make a specific presentation at your organization about our work in the Upstate oriented towards those interested in becoming tutors.
- Host a fundraising event or book drive.
- Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help us with clerical tasks.
- Provide some volunteer expert advise in such areas as Marketing and Advertising, Grant Writing, and more.
If you have any questions, please contact our director, Ann Copeland, at email@example.com or 864.416.1176.
Thank you to the following community partners for their support.
- Rotary Club of the Reedy River — training and continuing education
- Community Foundation — continuing education for tutors
- QuikTrip Charities — training expenses
- ScanSource Charitable Foundation — training costs and decodable readers for students
- Dabo's All In Team Foundation — training support and books for students
- Thrivent Financial — training support and books for students
- Pleasantburg Rotary Club — decodable readers for students
- Camperdown Academy — printing costs
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church — office and library space
Thank you to the following individuals for their support in the last year:
Monica & Michael Burns
John & Lisa Carenen
Robert Coffey & Julia Kathleen Palmer
Wayne & Ann Copeland
Jaime & Susan Cruz
Jonathan & Nicole Davis
Dan & Laurie Dorroh
Danny & Emily Harrison
Bob & Mary Anne Inglis
Graham & Paula Lawrence
Debbie & David McCarthy
Andrew & Karen Mitchell
Kenneth & Paulette Mobbs
Thomas & Margaret Ritchie
Scott & Denise Ruby
Jim & Meg Schroder
Jimmy & Tracie Segura
Richard & Jane Smith